Are you just about that hanging solar light life?
Do you have a few outdoor areas you’d like to add some lighting? Homeowners can save energy and upgrade their outdoor spaces with an easy to install and low maintenance solar lighting system.
In this report, I’ll share with you some of the best hanging solar lights on the market and take out any guesswork in your hunt for the best urban solar lights.
1. GIGALUMI Hanging Solar Mason Jar Lid Lights
- Hands-free lights
- Great for decorating your backyard
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- No wiring needed
Our top pick is the, GIGALUMI Hanging Solar Mason Jar Lid Lights, 6 Pack 30 Led String Fairy Lights Solar Laterns Table Lights, 6 Hangers and Jars Included. Great Outdoor Lawn DÃ©cor for Patio Garden, Yard and Lawn.
This product is waterproof, a great attribute that only a few similar products have. It also has 7 different styles to choose from.
This product includes a 90-day warranty against defects, in case of any problems. And, as one of the competitors in the niche, this product earns our top rating, along with a full 5-star rating.
2. MAGGIFT 2 Pack Hanging Solar Lights Outdoor Solar Lights Retro Hanging Solar Lantern
- Good for indoor use, or patios
- Solid Hang Hook
- Rechargeable via sunlight or wall plug
- Holds a charged for 4-6 hours
- Charge time is slow; can take up to a week of sunlight to charge
- Don’t light up the inside of a window well
The MAGGIFT 2 Pack Hanging Solar Lights is a simple and affordable addition to any indoor or patio space. Great for homes and garages alike. These retro, hanging solar lights are great for lighting up garages, porches and yards. So, if you are looking to add some nice lighting, these will do the trick.
The lights are made from ABS plastic material and have a high quality aluminum alloy shell. They come in basically a white color and are very easy to assemble. They are also study and stable. Mounting the lights take a few minutes at most. The solar panel charges the battery via the sun and that powers the bulb.
3. TAKE ME Solar Lantern,Outdoor Garden Hanging Lantern-Waterproof LED Flickering Flameless Candle Mission Lights
- 10 LEDs produce a lot of light relative to the power consumption
- Charges quickly in full sun
- Runs for a very long time if fully charged
- Can be set to several different modes
- Has a cover to protect it from the rain
- Has a hook to hang it somewhere
- Comes with a rounded top shape which is a little difficult to put outside anything that’s flush with the ground as it will push it over.
We love ourTAKE ME Solar Lantern.Yes, it’s shining paint is a little excessive, but overall this is a solid product.
The TAKE ME Solar Lantern is a great buy for practically anyone. It’s lightweight, easy to hang and takes care of that light in the corner problem. You also don’t have to worry about it overcharging or undercharging and frying your house to hell.
4. TomCare Solar lights Metal Flickering Flame Solar Lantern Outdoor Hanging Lanterns Lighting Heavy Duty Solar Powered Waterproof Umbrella LED Flame Lights
- Stylish, exotic, and unique
- Will not tip over when turned upside-down
- Doesn't require recharging
- Has a 60-day money back guarantee
- Weight is nearly nothing
- Great for camping
- The lights only last about 6 to 8 hours on an average rainy day.
- The light does not get bright enough to replace any other full-powered outdoor lights.
The TomCare Solar lights Metal Flickering Flame Solar Lantern Outdoor Hanging Lanterns Lighting Heavy Duty Solar Powered Waterproof Umbrella LED Flame Lights for Garden Patio Pathway Deck Yard, 2 Pack are a great addition to your outdoor décor.
They are heavy duty, yet almost undetectable in weight, so they are not awkward or cumbersome hanging from your patio or deck.
The most wonderful feature of these solar lights is their flickering flame effect. This effect illuminates the lantern enough for you to see what you need to see, so you will not trip over something outside.
5. Solar Lantern Lights Dancing Flame Waterproof Outdoor Hanging Lantern Solar Powered Umbrella LED Night Lights Dusk to Dawn Auto On/Off Landscape Decorative
- Waterproof and great for outdoors
- On a sunny day, the light never fails to come on
- Easy to assemble
- No wiring necessary, simply hang the solar panel outside and put the light inside or wherever you need light
- Soft light that can be used inside or outside
- AAA rechargeable batteries
- Waterproof up to 50 feet
- Elegant lily style
- They stopped working after three months.
6. GIGALUMI 8 Pack Solar Hanging Lantern Outdoor
- Pretty inexpensive
- Lights a large area
- Fade-resistant materials
- There is a lot of cabling for adjustment of height from the solar panel to the suspension hooks.
- Flimsy material – note that not recommended for outdoor use
- External design looks cheap
- Cables from strings to the solar panel aren’t attached (only four small cables at the bottom)
- Not very bright
As a package, these are great lanterns. We really liked the cabling that lets you adjust the height.
If you are looking for solar light decor for your patio, put out on your lawn for the evening or as part of a garden, these will work just fine. Get creative, use in your backyard, on the deck, porch, or suspend from the sides of your umbrella for extra light if your patio is in need of that.
7. AceList Color Changing Solar Power Wind Chime Crystal Ball Wind Chime Wind Mobile Portable Waterproof Outdoor Windchime Light
- Brightly colored and powerful
- Good price for the amount of lights you receive
- Warm white lighting
- Easy to set up
- Comes with a ring you can place in the ground
- Some of the lights don’t function properly from the beginning
- Lights are smaller than expected
- The solar light does not come assembled
If you’re looking for an outdoor accessory that’s pretty and doesn’t cost too much, then our first option is a solar powered light you can hang from your porch, trees, or any other outdoor structure. We chose this product because it’s available for a good price, and it’s quite popular.
Our ideal product would have been a solar power wind chime that comes with more lights, since these tend to be brighter than the crystals on this product. As the crystals are smaller than the powered lights we tested, it’s brighter overall.
This product makes it easy to install, and the base is a little more sturdy than the other product we looked at. Plus, this chime is also available in a variety of colors, including yellow, pink, and multicolored. More colors are available at a greater cost.
8. Maggift 34 Inch Hanging Solar Lights Dual Use Shepherd Hook Lights
- The fact that you can use them as shepherd’s hooks after their battery run out
- Nowadays solar power has been much more popular
These lights are cheap and cost-effective and come with a two year warranty.
In general, they are a good buy. If you are looking for hanging solar lights reviews you should keep reading.
9. GIGALUMI 8 Pack Hanging Solar Lights,Multi-Color Changing Cracked Glass Hanging Ball Lights Waterproof Outdoor Solar Lanterns
- Trusted brand and millions of happy customers
- 8 pack is about the best price/value you can get
- Products have been extremely popular over the years
- Allows for remote control and various size choices
- It’s easy for anyone to install
- You can mount it onto fences, trees, walls, and more
- If properly set up, it will give your home an elegant shine
- You can control how much light you get in the room
- It produces the white, beautiful light that you need on a night
- Many customers claim that it’s extremely bright
- The price is still a bit expensive
- You’ll need to add things up to make it look just right
- The light is too bright for a baby room
- Your pets may find it interesting
- You don’t get a timer and remote with this one
Path, Pool, Decoration.
10. CHBKT 4-Pack Solar-powered Mason Jar Lights
- Powered by the sun
- Provides a warm glow in the evening
- Able to give off sufficient light
- Short handle limits placement
- Only one wire to hang the light as opposed to other models with multiple wires
- Does not come with a way to monitor battery life
These lights are my top pick due to their low price tag, ability to be solar powered, and the fact that they can produce a decent amount of light. These jar lights also comes in 7 different colors so you should be able to find something that fits your décor.
When I reviewed products I found that the most common uses for these lights were for walkways, doorways, and outdoor furniture. The majority of customers feel like they are indeed bright enough to be used for people to see at night and that they are also good for lighting a small area. Many people also love these lights because they are solar powered, which means that you get no messy cord to contend with.
You do have to remember to switch the light on at the switch at the bottom, and they do take a fair amount of time to charge up. The problem with charging them up is the fact that the only way to check to see if the light has charged up is by looking at the light itself or by looking at the switch, and this is a problem because the lantern is not waterproof.
11. Solar Lights Outdoor Yard Decorations Wind Chimes Lights LED Colour Changing Hanging Light
- Very versatile design
- You can hang them anywhere
- Several lighting modes to choose from
- There are less of them available than some reviewers would like
- They do have an on/off switch that needs to be manually pressed
- Some users feel that the battery charger can be a bit too large
The JWLHCPC Outdoor Solar Lights Wind Chimes Lights LED Colour Changing Hanging Light for Design Decoration for Garden, Patio, Balcony Gift is the best options available in this niche but should not be your only considerations. The price and look are right, but some products in this category are simply too unique to be ignored.
Which are the best products that are currently on the market? Which ones should you consider before making a purchase? The keyboard market is famously competitive, and prices can be deceptive. To help you make the right choice, here is a guide to the best keyboards of the 2020.
12. Twinkle Star 8 Pcs Hanging Solar Lantern
- Contains 8 solar hanging lights
- Beautiful accent lights
- Bright LED lighting
- Efficient solar panel
- High quality lantern design
- Awesome looking light (wired and looks like it could work even without the solar panel)
- Lights are very bright for their size
- Can only be used indoors
- Batteries are not included
- Smaller than expected
The Twinkle Star 8 Pcs Hanging Solar Lantern with Handle Umbrella Solar Lantern Waterproof Solar Landscape Lantern for Garden Patio Lawn Lighting (2030LM) is one of the most functional solar lanterns on the market as it has a series of built in features that will surely improve your mood.
The LED lights from these impressive solar lanterns are so bright for their size and are sure to bring light to your evenings.
Plus, these solar lights can be individually and easily detached from the metal frame they come attached to so you can be assured that no matter where you place them, they’ll stay put.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the brightest solar lights on market?
Solar landscape lights are designed to provide bright, isolated lighting for pathways, walkways, and other outdoor areas. The traditional image of landscape lighting is something like we described, however in the past few years the "solar light market" has become more commercially available, attractive, and appealing to homeowners.
Now, you no longer have to sacrifice aesthetics as you are able to purchase all sorts of colors such as red, green, blue, and even (and this is rare for solar landscape lighting) white. Even more, many of the newer solar lights are very bright, as well as long-lasting and waterproof (say goodbye to bulbs for a good while).
The best solar garden lights for your backyard are key to creating a nice outdoor space for you and your family. A beautiful piece of solar lighting can make even the most uninteresting areas of your property look amazing.
What are the most powerful solar lights?
Because of their size, solar lights tend to generate less than conventional solar panels. This is why it is important to buy solar lights that are of high quality. Otherwise, they'll only produce weak light or simply won't work at all when charging.
Another factor to consider when selecting your solar light is the lumens. Lumens essentially measure the amount of light a solar light is able to emit. Be aware that solar lights are an absolute bargain when compared to other forms of lighting such as portable lights, flood lights, or over-head lighting. Even though solar lights are inexpensive in terms of cost, they aren't necessarily less pricey when you consider how much energy costs are likely to vary over the lifetime of the product.
What are the best outdoor solar lights?
Solar lights are an attractive and efficient feature for your yard or garden and are an excellent alternative to electric landscape lighting.
Solar light sets are very efficient, requiring only a few hours of sunlight to fully charge. Furthermore, these lights are an excellent source of light for owners during after-sunset hours. Unlike flashlights, they don't generate a blinding light that risks blinding you if your walk outside at night.
Can you fix solar garden lights?
If your solar garden lights stop performing at their best or stop working entirely, there are a few quick fixes that you can try before taking them to an electrician. Before we get to them, you should know that it isn't hard to do wiring if your garden does require electrical work. Just to be clear, be aware that tinkering with the wiring should be left to professionals who are qualified to deal with high voltage equipment.
If you're looking for DIY solutions, we've got a few that might help you get your garden lights going again.
It seems like solar lights have become the must-have outdoor lighting solution. Just check in any hardware store, and you’ll see rows of these fixtures steadily diverting the traditional lighting. Nowadays, there are a lot of solar lights on the market. A few of them are really good, but some others are useless and make you wonder why you ever bought them in the first place.