A solar string light is a beautiful way to enhance your gardens, to light up your walkways, or simply to add some color to your patio. Solar string lights are also very easy to set up and maintain, making them a good solution for all those who are busy and may not have the time to put some lights up during the day.
Solar string lights are a great tool to have to decorate your outdoor space. You can save money from constant electric bills and enjoy a relaxing take every day!
We looked at a variety of solar string light that are available today, so that we can find the ones that are the best across the board.
Here’s what we came up with.
|Brightech Ambience Pro||Best Overall|
|Vmanoo Solar Outdoor String Christmas Lights 72Ft 200 LED 8 Modes Patio Lighting||Upgrade Pick|
1. Brightech Ambience Pro
An all around excellent product. These lights are great quality, durable, and waterproof. The materials are also cheaper than most other options. They come with a built-in rechargeable battery in a well-made case on the back. Brightness is also great and the gradual light additions at dusk or dawn is pleasant. One of the few product with a decent warranty (1 year). Comes with a charger too, so when you're not using them, they're always charged and ready.
The main issue people have with these lights is the wire. People seem to have different experiences with the wire, but most people agree that the wire is a bit flimsy. Some people have had theirs last years with no problems while others have had them break within months, so only time will tell on that one. Some people also say the case on the back is not well designed but there's precautionary steps people can take and we'll go over that below.
These lights are rated for an 8 hour charge and they may seem a bit dim for some, but I think they're actually a very pleasant brightness for a patio. They get brighter as it gets darker so they're not very bright during the day but they have a good balance for evening. You can have them on the brightest setting or turn it all the way down to the least bright.
- Water resistant, can be brought to the pool, beach, or some other places with water.
- Lights at night are very beautiful, the moon is full of light.
- The lights flash slowly and put all the lights draw in a circle to rotate.
- A light turns on at a time, and it is easy to use.
- Solar lights are so easy to install. You just need to plug the light into the solar panel, and turn them on. You don’t need to run any wiring.
- The solar panel can be placed in the landscape, or hang on the wall.
- The solar lights can be powered for up to 8 hours every night in full sun.
- There is a rust proof clip attached to the solar panel for easy hanging on the backpack, backpack, tent, and so on.
- Each light is tiny and contains a super bright LED light.
- These solar powered lights are designed for year-round use.
- If your solar panels are in shadow it can slow down the lighting process.
3. Vmanoo Solar Outdoor String Christmas Lights 72Ft 200 LED 8 Modes Patio Lighting
Vmanoo solar string lights come in blue, white and rose color and are very easy to install and use. However, their shine is not very bright. You can use them for Christmas decorations or festive occasions.
4. AMIR Upgraded Solar Powered String Lights
- These lights are compatible with longer extension cords to reach any place that you want to light
- They are waterproof and can be left outside without worry of rain or snow damaging them
- The 30-foot version also features 30 lights on copper wire strung together
- This set of lights is sold by one of the best brands for solar string lights, the AMIR
- These are not the most durable solar string lights, but they are among some of the most durable on the market
- The set consists of five strands of 30 lights each
- The AA batteries are not included
This set of string lights by AMIR features a warm white light with a soft glow that are perfect for lighting up gardens, doorsteps, patios, etc.
This set features five strands of 30 lights each. Each strand is on a copper wire loop that allows you to stretch it out up to 33 feet for the larger set, or 20 feet for the smaller set. Or you can simply spread it out the 33 feet to light a larger area.
The wires are made of copper, which is more flexible than plastic or nylon, and has more sophisticated design and coloring, which makes them look nicer when they are lit up.
5. Solar String Lights
In general, this solar string lights are really good. they produce a mellow glimmer. They are solar powered and the motion detector feature is really convenient.
I love this solar light, the blinking style is very pleasing to the eye. Lots of different colors that they are able to put out.
6. ER CHEN Solar Powered String Lights
- Long lasting Design LED Lights
- Can be connected to create a larger length
- Light up automatically at night
- Waterproof Sockets
- 8 Lighting Modes
- Thousands of Reviews on Amazon
- Cheap. Value for Money.
- Lesser Lighting modes available
- Difficult to Expand
In our opinion, this solar powered string light makes the best option for decorating gardens, patios, wedding, and other places. The design of the light is also very charming and it has 8 different modes to help you design.
It’s made up of very tough materials and can withstand the occasional weather damage. It’s a multi-functional product and you can not only use it outdoors, but you can also put it in indoor spaces like lounge areas, bedrooms, and conservatories.
The Solar powered lighting is very easy to install, all you have to do is put a couple of U-bolts in your desired location. You can then use the solar powered lights for up to 8 hours.
7. SKYFIRE Solar Flower String Lights，22ft 50 Led Cherry Blossoms String Lights Outdoor Waterproof Solar Powered Fairy Lights
- Great product with really professional packaging
- Strong solar panel & 50 LEDs
- Great in the dark
really long charging time. You have to plan 2 days to get full charging for lights.
These lights are a beautiful addition to any yard or patio.
We reviewed a lot of solar string lights before we landed on this product. This product has amazing glossy finish at a great price.
8. Ankway Solar String Lights White 200 LED 3-Strand Copper Wire Solar Fairy Lights 8 Modes 72 ft Solar Powered String Lights Waterproof IP65 LED Twinkle Lights Outdoor Patio Garden Tree Indoor Party
This 8-Mode 72 ft solar powered LED String Lights waterproof IP65 Brightness Outdoor Patio Garden Decoration Tree Xmas Decor Christmas Tree Lights Battery Operated Lights with Remote Control can be connect up to 20 strings. It’s great for your home, garden, gate, yard, patio, lawn or pathway etc. It’s perfect for the lighting project in your garden, yard, street and landscape! And it’s very easy to install and maintain. It’s especially designed for people that like elegant and natural yard design. The white LED AC powered lights will not get hot in summer, at the same time, it’s very easy to connect to power socket or connect with solar panels. Most importantly, it’s a very good helper to add lights for your home.
The battery made by Ni-MH is very safe and reliable, it can be used for a long time. –The longer you leave it in light, the brighter it will be.— Suitable for indoor or outdoor decoration.
9. Dephen Solar String Lights Moroccan Ball Multicolor 15ft 20LED Globe Fairy String Lights Solar Powered Orb Lantern Christmas Lighting
- Comes with 3 different sized balls for your choice
- Solar power, no additional installation or charging needed
- Superb waterproofing capability, working well even in heavy rains
- Can be used on trees, lawn, patio, balcony, Christmas tree, home, party, colorful night decoration, garden and yard both indoor and outdoor
- Quite safe to use, won’t hurt just by an accidental touch if were to touch the solar balls
- Long-life working time: it lasts with super bright for 10 hours of lighting after solar charged for 8 hours
- It is UV resistant, which means that no matter how long it is left in the sun, this light will work.
- No worry about the color fading over time
- The larger ones may look like good options for outdoors, but they don’t do close enough to a full string.
- They are more suitable for hanging in the patio, trees, or for a Christmas tree than they are for a full string of light.
- They are quite small as well when you consider what other folks have in their yards for lights.
- They are not going to be something that you would want for your patio for that purpose in particular.
10. Aluvee Solar Copper Wire String Lights,50ft/150LED Outdoor Waterproof Garden Decoration Copper Wire Christmas Lamp
- 30 pieces,3M Extra Durable Cable
- Waterproof IP65 outlook, copper wire makes your garden more beautiful
- Flexible solar panel, you can adjust the light position
- Environmentally friendly, 100% recyclable,Recycled Copper Wire
- Each Lamp has a super bright 1.2W LED light and shines across a wide area to illuminate your porch, yard, home and more
- Powered by sunlight and these will last for years without any maintenance required
- Doesn’t come with an adapter but you have to buy it separately
- The cable is very thin in quality.
Reader Tip on How to get a refund: One customer has informed us that Aluvee has been great in giving refunds if you return the lights within a week but try to have receipt.
The Aluvee lights are not only stylish, they are gorgeous. The copper wire gives it a rustic look that is unique.
These lights are waterproof and air tight. They are suitable for outside use. The solar panel is built into the battery box and can be adjusted. The solar panel actually has a removable water-resistant frame that protects the solar panel from the water or other debris.
11. Vivii Solar String Light 20 ft 30 LED Crystal Ball Waterproof String Lights Solar Powered Fairy Lighting
- Dimmable Wireless Solar Fairy Lights
- They create a remarkable atmosphere for any place. Such as yards, lawns, patios, gardens, trees, indoor or even outdoor wedding decorations, and so on.
- Power bank optional, it must be connected to the battery, otherwise it will not work, and it must be connected to the solar panel or the battery pack.
- The solar lights should be placed in the sunlight for at least 6 hours to charge. After that, the light will turn on automatically when it’s dark.
- The lights will automatically light up at night. The solar panel can convert 6 hours of sunlight in 24 hours.
- The solar panel is waterproof, but it’s not recommended to use it constantly in rainy days, otherwise it will be damaged
- As the lights are solar powered, no wires are required to connect the lights
- Light color: White
- Set up time: 10 minutes
- Not too bright in the night, need to be improved
- The material is quite fragile, so you should be careful when installing the lights.
The Viviii Solar String Light looks like premium. It has a simple design and unique shape, which makes it a great gift for your family and friends.
12. Solar Globe String Lights
- The lights are small enought to fit easily into your pocket
- and the small size does allow them to work in areas where a larger string might not.
While they are recommended for outdoor use, people have used them indoors for decoration and to set the mood during parties and gatherings.
No need to worry about the light fading when it rains, as the lights are completely waterproof.
Easy to wash the dust with water when it is indoors.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best outdoor Solar string lights?
The best solar lights on the market right now, based on our reviews, are the Solar Garden Lights by SOGMade, which use LED bulbs and can be purchased on Amazon. They are weather-resistant, and provide up to nine hours of illumination on a charge. These lights provide a soft and lovely glow on your patio at night, making them ideal for creating a special ambiance.
In our most recent review of these lights, we note that they are easy to install, and come with step-by-step instructions.
The second light that we recommend does not use solar energy for power. Instead, the 7.5 Feet Cool White LED Globe String Lights by Top Fin are powered by electricity, so they can be used indoors and out. They offer a unique, globe-shaped look, and are available on Amazon.
What are the best solar string lights?
Solar string lights are becoming more popular in homes as they save the trouble of having to operate the cables and there are no electrical outlets needed.
There are several different types of string lights but for solar string lights you will need to plan the event so that you could have time to charge the light the night before or during the day.
First, when you receive the parcel, check that there is no damage to the item. If there is any damage, make sure you contact the retailer immediately so they can replace or repair the solar string lights.
Next, look at the instructions to see if the light has to be charged in any way. Follow these instructions carefully.
Once you charge it, you will want to make sure you are able to get it secure. Some lights have suction pieces, while others will use screws to get the lights in place.
You will then want to make sure there is enough sun for the lights.
Can you turn off solar string lights?
No, but you can turn them on using a timer. Most plug into a wall outlet for charging, but others require no wiring or electricity at all.
There are many different ways to turn on solar string lights:
You can use a wireless remote control to turn them on and off from anywhere in the room, and they're often included in the package.
This timer allows you to set the lights to automatically come on at a specific time or set of times. This is a great option if you want to turn them on every night.
Most solar string lights turn off automatically when the sun rises on the following day, saving you the hassle of remembering to turn them off every night.
Are solar string lights any good?
Yes, solar lamp String Lights can last up to 8 to 12 hours depending on the battery you ordered and the amount of sunlight you get.
This is a major improvement from the older ones of a decade ago which we used to be able to use only at night.
Nowadays, there is nothing to hold you back from making the night a little brighter.
A 50-bulb string light can thus last all night, while beautiful colored lights will illuminate your pathway and glisten upon your garden through the hours of darkness.
We have covered a wide variety of topics including bike helmets, wheelbarrows, ergonomic chairs, natural health solutions, beard grooming kits, bocce ball set, and many others. All the discussion has come from my personal experience and daily usage of the products. I have looked through all the products and facts many times and I am very confident with the reviews.
If you live in an area where you get a lot of sunlight, then solar lights are very smart investments because they’ll be able to provide you with light for many hours each day, even if you forgot to turn them on. So since you probably use lights to define the appearance and style of your home, we wanted to provide you with this list of the best solar string lights in order for you to find the perfect one to accentuate the appearance of your property.
|Brightech Ambience Pro||Best Overall|
|Vmanoo Solar Outdoor String Christmas Lights 72Ft 200 LED 8 Modes Patio Lighting||Upgrade Pick|