Are you in the market for a new camping lantern? These days there are many to choose from: rechargeable, cordless, solar, LED, and more, but don’t panic! There are a few things you need to look out for before you select the lantern for your needs.
After years of camping with good and bad lighting, I can now shortcut you to the best lanterns available. This article will set you on the road to finding a solar camping lantern and I will even share the pros and cons of the various accessories available.
|MPOWERD Luci Original: Solar Inflatable Light||Best Overall|
|SUAOKI Led Camping Lanterns||Budget Pick|
|LuminAID PackLite 2-in-1 Phone Charger Lanterns||Upgrade Pick|
1. MPOWERD Luci Original: Solar Inflatable Light
The Luci Original is an easy-to-use solar powered lantern that can be used anywhere in your home during a power outage. It’s so useful and bright that I’ve even gotten members of my family to stock them in their own homes for emergency purposes!
This lantern is completely filled with air which makes it extremely buoyant – it floats on the water! It’s perfect for camping if you don’t want to carry a bucket of water around to keep your lights from being knocked over. Additionally, it’s great for power outages because it can be inflated when plugged into the wall and it will still float if the power goes out!
I get a lot of compliments on the brightness of this lantern. I am quite impressed with the fact that it can be turned on via touch and I don’t have to fumble around to find the power button in the dark. There is a solar charge indicator on the top of the lantern that says “Inflate” when you need to plug it in to recharge it.
2. TAKE ME Solar Lantern,Outdoor Garden Hanging Lantern-Waterproof LED Flickering Flameless Candle Mission Lights
- Perfect for camping since they are water resistant, you can also use them in your bathroom, kitchen, or as decoration in your garden or yard.
- The solar panel is built in the top, which makes the batteries charge easily.
- Takes 2 AA rechargeable batteries.
- It has a relatively short lifespan.
Decoration,Patio,Garden,Bathroom,Hanging Bistro,Marble,Fire Pit,BBQ,Gardenyard,Headboard.
3. 4 Pack Solar USB Rechargeable 3 AA Power Brightest COB LED Camping Lantern
- Great for group camping trips
- Easily charge the lanterns from a solar panel or can be charged from a computer, power bank, or wall charger
- Has three adjustable lighting modes
- Comes with a hook to hang it from a tree or other support
- Sets up easily
- Collapsible after use
- Relatively inexpensive
- Rugged, weatherproof design
- The built-in magnet is not very strong
- Unit is larger than most lanterns with the same wattage, so it may be more difficult to pack while camping
- No on/off switch
4. AGPTEK Solar Lantern
- It’s extremely lightweight and compact
- It’s Easy to Set Up
- The lantern works as advertised
- It’s a great addition for your camping gear
- It’s perfect for emergencies
- The brightness can be adjusted according to your needs
- It’s sturdy
- The lantern’s bulb could use improvement
- It takes a long time to fully charge
This small and lightweight lantern from AGPTEK can be hung up or set on a flat surface, and it caters to campers, hikers, and emergency personnel. It can also be charged through a car charger or a solar panel. The lantern uses 2 D batteries.
It has a compact design that lets you hang it up or store it inside a bag easily. It’s also super easy to set up, with a push button base and a rotatable hanger.
5. Kizen Solar Powered LED Camping Lantern
- Chargeable via Solar panel or USB cable
- Collapsible, ultra-portable design
- 3 Light Modes: Bright, Ambient Light, and SOS
- Lightweight and Durable
- Long Charge Time
- Risk of Power Outages
6. LuminAID PackLite 2-in-1 Phone Charger Lanterns
- Small, yet bright solar unit
- Lightweight solar panels are easy to set up
- Waterproof case floats on water
- Highly durable
- Rechargeable battery – keeps portable electronics running
LuminAID PackLite 2-in-1 Phone Charger Lanterns are one of the options for the best camping lanterns as their small solar panels are very efficient and their light is also very durable. The power of light is also very bright as the company claims to have turned off the campfire.
The outer case of this lantern is waterproof, and you also have the option to get this waterproof case in a brighter orange color as well as a more subtle purple or green. It is easy to put a variety of different devices into this lantern as it has a USB charger, AC adapter and solar panels. Once this lantern is charged, the self-charging battery can keep other devices going for up to two days! The lantern itself is also pretty useful as it folds down to a small size making it easy to take camping. The solar panels of this lantern are also covered by a screen which is part of the waterproof outer case, meaning that if you place the lantern on wet grass, you will know that the solar panels won’t get any water damage.
7. SUAOKI Led Camping Lanterns
- Good for hiking/camping/emergency situations
- Sturdy construction
- Easy to change lighting modes
- Bulky design
- Takes a good amount of time to charge in a regular setting
- Reflector is opaque
The SUAOKI Solar Camping Lanterns for Lighting are high