Do you need low-cost, low-energy lighting?
Are you looking for a safe, non-standard lighting solution?
Or perhaps you’re just looking for an illuminated accent at night?
However, if you’ve searched around online, you’ve probably found that there are a ton of different types!
Below, I’ve laid out a quick buying guide that’ll point you in the right direction.
I’ve also included an in-depth review of the best solar dock lights that I could find.
1. Siedinlar Solar Deck Lights Driveway Dock LED Light Solar Powered Outdoor Waterproof Road Markers
- Easy to install
- Comes with different varieties
- Doesn’t require the use of electrical cords
- Produces very little heat
- Some people may have trouble installing the product
- Plastic feel
These solar dock lights are an excellent choice for anyone who wants to illuminate their dock, pathway or stairs, among other things. The set contains four led solar-powered lights that are designed for indoor or outdoor use. They are completely weatherproof and waterproof, which means they can be used in rain or snow.
The lights produce very little heat and shine a bright white light. These are easy to install, about as easy as placing a regular light bulb.
What’s even more great about these solar lights is that they do not require you to use up electrical cords, which is really convenient when compared to other solar dock lights. You can now illuminate your backyard plus your pathway with just a few steps and can enjoy the view at night. The lights are compatible with all types of dock, patio and steps railings and come in a pack of one, two, three, four, five, or six lights.
2. JACKYLED B00M4ZTS84 Solar 8-Pack Dock Path Road Long Service Time LED Bright White Weatherproof Wireless Outdoor Warning Lights
- Brightness: Very high brightness LED with 8-pack bulbs
- Brightness: cool white 6000K, Natural white 4000K, Cool white 3000K (selectable)
- Brightness: ABS + PC Material, Super bright white "cool" 3W LEDs
- Brightness: IP65 Rating, Weather-resistant. Water-proof and shockproof
- Brightness: 3 Working Modes, Press the switch for 3 seconds and release it for 3 seconds, the light will be on Solid Mode. Press 3 seconds for the Fast flash mode, press 3 seconds for the Slow flash mode. (Can press the switch fast or slow flashes)
- Brightness: Equipped with ground spikes on the bottom, can be used in ground or on the wall.
- Brightness: 38 days on one set of batteries (Lithium batteries, included)
- Brightness: be used as glow wire and monitor light
I used these in my office to replace some very old solar lights that don’t work well anymore. They also look better and they aren’t so bright you can’t be near them. I like how sturdy they are and I’m sure they’ll last a long time.
3. Happybuy Solar Driveway Lights 12-Pack
- Solar powered
- Harsh weather resistant
- Good visibility even during the day
- No wiring required
- Bright LED lights
- The sensor that helps catch the energy may not be sensitive enough
- Power turns off when bright sunlight hits the eyes
- Only one mode of light
This product is a 12 pack of rugged, weatherproof and solar powered rope lights with built-in sensors. The features of this product are numerous as it can be put in any form of weather without going out. One of the most loved features in this product is that it will not be obstructed by tree branches, which is something that many other solar rope lights struggle with.
While the product is weather proof, we have noticed that the sensor may not work as well in intense weather.
4. Dock Edge + Solar Pile Cap Light
- The Dock Edge + Solar Pile Cap Light is the best solar powered dock light at an affordable price!
- The Dock Edge is easy to install and features a solar powered LED light with three different light settings
- The Dock Edge comes with a solar panel, which is easy to install and you can add an additional Dock Edge light
This unique solar dock light by Dock Edge has a clean design that will fit in with any outdoor patio set or wooden dock. The Dock Edge can also be added to your existing dock lights or patio lighting and control several with just one remote control.
The Dock Edge LED line includes an array of 7 super-bright LED lights which will illuminate your dock or patio set for up to 12 hours after a full charge. This solar powered dock light set comes with 3 great features to choose from: a bright light for small areas, an ambient light for larger wider areas, and a gentle nightlight.
You can also add up to 4 additional Dock Edge Solar Pile Cap Lights for more area to light up. The Dock Edge is an ideal solar dock light for the lower end of the dock and is easy to install. No wiring is required so this dock light is simple to install. The panel comes separate from the light fixture itself making the light easy to attach to the dock or any other fixture.
5. Home Zone Security Solar Deck Lights
6. LEDMO Solar Deck Lights Solar Powered Outdoor Waterproof Solar Dock Lights 12 Pack(Blue)
- There are enough lights in this pack for most people
- Alarm, light, and motion sensors
- Quiet to turn on and off
- No wiring
LEDMO Solar Dock Lights have 3 models to choose from. Each (1) Pack contains (12) 6-LED lights. The lights come with (1) AAA 1000mAh rechargeable battery. The lights have 18 lumens and 4.2 hours of light after charging.
The LED lights do not require wiring for an easy plug and play installation. Just unscrew the anchor and screw it into the ground. Then, it is ready to charge in the sun. It takes a little longer if it has been cloudy recently.
7. S4LN WHITE 1/2NM SOLAR NON-FLASHING STEADY-ON LED Marina Dock Barge Boat Safety Beacon Light
- BEAM WIDTH 3 deg. 83 ft away. 500 lumens.
- WEATHER RESISTANT: Constructed of ABS plastic, ensures rain/leak-proof performance
- SUPER EASY INSTALLATION: Comes with a easy to install Mounting Bracket. Simply screw in the screws
- MULTIPURPOSE USE: Designed to be installed on boat dock, barge, playground, patio, landscaping, sidewalk, path, pathway, lawn or other outdoor platform
- OUTDOOR USE: The Solar Dock Lights can be used outdoors (undercover of course), and will provide bright illumination for outdoor areas where it needs.
- WARRANTY: Full refund if not suitable, in one year of purchase, any problem of the product, you can get a 100% refund. 5-FREE: No Lead, No Cadmium, No Mercury, No Bromine, No Chlorine
- Flimsy construction
- Lights are not flashlights, prettymuch straight beams of LED light
The solar powered light has a five star rating from a number of owners, who rave about the strong, bright light. One owner says that the improvement in the safety of their driveway is unbelievable, with people finally using it at night now that there’s reliable light.
8. S8LFM Clear White Flashing 2NM IP67 Solar LED Magnetic Mount Marine Dock Barge Safety Beacon Light 360 Degree
This product is a set of four lights. It's easy to install and it's very bright.
This product is a great way to keep your boat out of trouble at night. These lights are well made, and they are inexpensive. You can get a lot of lights for your money, and it's a great choice to make sure that your boat is visible at night.
9. Dock Edge + Postlite Solar LED
- A full 100 lumens of brightness
- Available in single pack
- Can change the color of the lights
- 2 year warranty
Dock Edge + Postlite Solar LED (2 Pack), Multicolor.
Although this isn’t really a piece of technology, I’m going to include it here because I’ve already discussed some solar dock lights in the past and know the topic gets a lot of attention. So if you’re in the market, here’s the real deal.
The Dok Edge + Postlite Solar LED puts out a steady 100 lumens of light, which is an adequate brightness level for homeowners looking to provide safety and security for their property.
10. Solarrific L2049 Solar Piling Lights
- Several LEDs
- Sturdy Construction
- Not very bright
- Order with caution due to some quality concerns
Boat Docks, Piers, and Lakeshores.
The Solarrific L2049 is a nice set of solar lights that includes four powered LED lights. The lights are highly efficient thanks to their motion detecting sensor, that will detect the motion of the boat as you approach. The LED Lights can be used as an additional security guard or can add a nice aesthetic touch to your home in the evening.
The SolarLights have been designed to attach to any piling, jetty, dock, boat house, pier, deck, wall, or railing. The SolarLights attach easily to any type of structure. They are also easy to set up and take off. There’s no need for wiring, or dealing with any wiring at all.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the brightest solar lights on market?
To achieve a high lux rating for their solar lights, manufacturers typically use one of two methods: a very bright LED light under an incandescent reflector or 2 or 4 very bright LED lights (typically 3.7V/3.2V/1.2V/0.9V) under a single incandescent reflector. Metal halide (MH) and high-pressure sodium (HPS) lamps, which are what these solar lights are replacing, can easily be over 10 times brighter than LEDs.
What are the best rated outdoor solar lights?
The leading best selling product in this category is the ONAGUO solar powered outdoor wall light. It is a cheap product, but it is rather attractive. There is a motion detector that it has, and it comes with lights that have 60 LEDs. It has a weather resistance grade, and it has the waterproof IP65 rating, which means that the device can withstand more than 65 drops of water in every square feet of area. It is solar powered, which makes it save energy, and there are 8 functions that it has.
How long does it take for new solar lights to work?
When the solar panels are exposed to sunlight for the first time, it may take hours for the solar panel to generate enough charge to illuminate at night. If the solar panel isn't exposed to full sunlight, charging may take even longer.
As we all know by now, the days are becoming shorter, and the snow is on its way, meaning that it’s time to start pulling out your Christmas decorations. It’s a time of the year when you’re going to be setting up some outdoor decorations, and there’s nothing better than solar lights to lift the ambiance, right? However, with so many of them out there in the market, it can be a bit hard to decide which ones to get. So this article should help you decide without too much trouble.