Are the bottom of your wooden dock or picnic table looking a bit shabby?
Do you need low-cost, low-energy lighting?
Are you looking for a safe, non-standard lighting solution?
Or perhaps you’re just looking for an illuminated accent at night?
Well, if you like the idea of solar dock lights, then I’m sure you’ve searched around looking for a solution that’ll make your deck look good.
However, if you’ve searched around online, you’ve probably found that there are a ton of different types!
Below, I’ve laid out a quick buying guide that’ll point you in the right direction.
I’ve also included an in-depth review of the best solar dock lights that I could find.
1. Siedinlar Solar Deck Lights Driveway Dock LED Light Solar Powered Outdoor Waterproof Road Markers
- Easy to install
- Comes with different varieties
- Doesn’t require the use of electrical cords
- Produces very little heat
- Some people may have trouble installing the product
- Plastic feel
These solar dock lights are an excellent choice for anyone who wants to illuminate their dock, pathway or stairs, among other things. The set contains four led solar-powered lights that are designed for indoor or outdoor use. They are completely weatherproof and waterproof, which means they can be used in rain or snow.
The lights produce very little heat and shine a bright white light. These are easy to install, about as easy as placing a regular light bulb.
What’s even more great about these solar lights is that they do not require you to use up electrical cords, which is really convenient when compared to other solar dock lights. You can now illuminate your backyard plus your pathway with just a few steps and can enjoy the view at night. The lights are compatible with all types of dock, patio and steps railings and come in a pack of one, two, three, four, five, or six lights.
2. JACKYLED B00M4ZTS84 Solar 8-Pack Dock Path Road Long Service Time LED Bright White Weatherproof Wireless Outdoor Warning Lights
- Brightness: Very high brightness LED with 8-pack bulbs
- Brightness: cool white 6000K, Natural white 4000K, Cool white 3000K (selectable)
- Brightness: ABS + PC Material, Super bright white "cool" 3W LEDs
- Brightness: IP65 Rating, Weather-resistant. Water-proof and shockproof
- Brightness: 3 Working Modes, Press the switch for 3 seconds and release it for 3 seconds, the light will be on Solid Mode. Press 3 seconds for the Fast flash mode, press 3 seconds for the Slow flash mode. (Can press the switch fast or slow flashes)
- Brightness: Equipped with ground spikes on the bottom, can be used in ground or on the wall.
- Brightness: 38 days on one set of batteries (Lithium batteries, included)
- Brightness: be used as glow wire and monitor light
I used these in my office to replace some very old solar lights that don’t work well anymore. They also look better and they aren’t so bright you can’t be near them. I like how sturdy they are and I’m sure they’ll last a long time.
3. Happybuy Solar Driveway Lights 12-Pack
- Solar powered
- Harsh weather resistant
- Good visibility even during the day
- No wiring required
- Bright LED lights
- The sensor that helps catch the energy may not be sensitive enough
- Power turns off when bright sunlight hits the eyes
- Only one mode of light
This product is a 12 pack of rugged, weatherproof and solar powered rope lights with built-in sensors. The features of this product are numerous as it can be put in any form of weather without going out. One of the most loved features in this product is that it will not be obstructed by tree branches, which is something that many other solar rope lights struggle with.
While the product is weather proof, we have noticed that the sensor may not work as well in intense weather.
4. Dock Edge + Solar Pile Cap Light
- The Dock Edge + Solar Pile Cap Light is the best solar powered dock light at an affordable price!
- The Dock Edge is easy to install and features a solar powered LED light with three different light settings
- The Dock Edge comes with a solar panel, which is easy to install and you can add an additional Dock Edge light
This unique solar dock light by Dock Edge has a clean design that will fit in with any outdoor patio set or wooden dock. The Dock Edge can also be added to your existing dock lights or patio lighting and control several with just one remote control.
The Dock Edge LED line includes an array of 7 super-bright LED lights which will illuminate your dock or patio set for up to 12 hours after a full charge. This solar powered dock light set comes with 3 great features to choose from: a bright light for small areas, an ambient light for larger wider areas, and a gentle nightlight.
You can also add up to 4 additional Dock Edge Solar Pile Cap Lights for more area to light up. The Dock Edge is an ideal solar dock light for the lower end of the dock and is easy to install. No wiring is required so this dock light is simple to install. The panel comes separate from the light fixture itself making the light easy to attach to the dock or any other fixture.
5. Home Zone Security Solar Deck Lights
6. LEDMO Solar Deck Lights Solar Powered Outdoor Waterproof Solar Dock Lights 12 Pack(Blue)
- There are enough lights in this pack for most people
- Alarm, light, and motion sensors
- Quiet to turn on and off
- No wiring
LEDMO Solar Dock Lights have 3 models to choose from. Each (1) Pack contains (12) 6-LED lights. The lights come with (1) AAA 1000mAh rechargeable battery. The lights have 18 lumens and 4.2 hours of light after charging.
The LED lights do not require wiring for an easy plug and play installation. Just unscrew the anchor and screw it into the ground. Then, it is ready to charge in the sun. It takes a little longer if it has been cloudy recently.
The motion sensor only requires 7 hours of sun to charge. Then, the sensor will automatically turn on at dusk and turn off at dawn.