There are a lot of solar driveway lights to consider, but that doesn’t mean you have to figure it out yourself!
I have done the hard part for you and you can stop your research right here. Below is a buyer’s guide to the best solar powered driveway lights. I’ll present an in-depth buying guide with my favorite solar driveway lights.
1. JACKYLED B00M4ZTS84 Solar 8-Pack Dock Path Road Long Service Time LED Bright White Weatherproof Wireless Outdoor Warning Lights
- Value for Money
- Waterproof IP rating of 67
- Super bright, high efficiency, long life LEDs
- Some missing pieces
- Quality control issues
- Audible beeps when changing modes
4 light modes: Solid, Fast Strobe, Slow Strobe, Flash
Spread out evenly, fully functional.
In this roundup, we’ve chosen the Jackyled Solar 8-Pack Dock Path Road Long Service Time LED Bright White Weatherproof Wireless Outdoor Warning Lights for Driveway Garden Walkway Backyard Step Sidewalk Stairs Decks Sheds Carport Gate as the best overall pick based on pricing, functionality, and quality.
2. Siedinlar Solar Deck Lights Driveway Dock LED Light Solar Powered Outdoor Waterproof Road Markers
- Great looking design
- Comes in various light colors
This product is designed to be fairly lightweight and is easy to install. This light is made of high-quality material that is weatherproof. This design is sturdy and can withstand extreme weather conditions. This product is powered by solar energy and is energy saving. This design ensures that it remains cool to touch, even during the hottest days.
The light of the design is adjustable and turns 90º. It is easy to use and install. This product is available in varied designs. This product comes with a warranty of 6 months.
3. Happybuy Driveway Lights 12-Pack Solar Driveway Lights Bright Blue
- They’re affordable and easy to install
- Come with screw-on deck lights and mounting hardware
- The lights connect directly to one another via wire – not wireless
- There’s some confusion about what type of batteries are in the lights
Some owners have mentioned a bit of confusion regarding the types of batteries included in the product. A customer service representative stated that there are two varieties of products available, both of which have a rechargeable lithium battery. One variety features a solar panel to recharge the batteries. Meanwhile, the other type of product has a solar panel, but does not feature a rechargeable battery. Instead, the solar panel charges the manufacturer’s proprietary batteries that are sold separately.
4. Solar Deck Lights
- 800 Lumen brightness
- Lamp head angle（Light off） is adjustable
- Night sensor, automatically turns on at darkness, off at dawn
- Made of high quality material, durable to use
- With recessed driver is waterproof and dustproof, it do not need to be covered
- 4pcs solar light, with stakes, perfect for garden, backyard, landscape, driveway, pathway, stair, etc
- Energy saving and environmental protection, no electricity costs
- 4 different light modes (steady-on; slow flash; fast flash; SOS)
- Powered by 3 pieces cr2032 button batteries (include), solar panel
- Cool design, looks great as patio, garden, pathway, driveway, stair lighting
The solar lights have four light modes: steady-on, slow flashing, fast flashing and SOS. They automatically start to protect automatically in darkness.
5. LITOM 120 LED Solar Lights Outdoor
- Simple to use.
- 4-pack of lights for your driveway.
- Great space savers.
- 3 different modes: white security, white daytime, and red nighttime.
- Easy to install.
- Upgraded batteries with a battery life of 3-7 days.
- LED lights.
- Water resistant.
- Are not motion activated.
The Litom 120-White is the best solar driveway light for anyone who wants to light up their driveway. These easy to set up solar lights are perfect for both your driveway and walkways. Plus, you can easily install them yourself.
6. Solar Deck Lighting Outdoor
Solar Deck Lighting Outdoor is the winner when it comes to solar lights for large spaces.
The lights have been tested and are waterproof. The lights have some interesting features: it can be installed both on indoor as well as outdoor; It can fit into any position, whether it is flat or angled or standing or wall mounted; it automatically turns on and off at the same time every day so you don’t have to worry about remembering to turn it off or on; there is an easy on and off switch
7. Aogist Solar Ground Lights,8 LED Garden Lights Waterproof Patio Outdoor Light
- Many customers say that these are brighter than other solar lights
- Great deal for the price
These are solar powered LED lights that are shock resistant and water resistant. They have IP65 Waterproof rating. This means that they are excellent for any outdoor area.
You can put them anywhere in your yard. I find that many solar lights around this price range don’t give off as much light as I would like. They are best used around the entrance of your home. A couple of these are perfect to put around the garage door because they have great motion sensors.
8. Signature Garden 6 Pack Solar Garden Lights
- Bright as a Regular Light.
- Bright Enough to Safely Walk a Dog at Night.
- 6-Pack Means an Affordable Solution.
- Easily Carries a Load of 20-30 Lbs.
- Lights up an average size yard.
- Motion Sensor is Very Sensitive.
- Gives You Peace of Mind
- I ncludes a 2-Year Warranty.
- I t only uses a small amount of electricity, and, in fact, the manufacture claims that if a customer uses their lights for a month, they save so much money that they could buy another 6 pack! That could save a lot of money and increase profits for their business.
- They are made out of a high-quality high-impact plastic that will last a long time in all types of weather. They are also easy to install and they work really great with motion detectors, so you can get maximum use out of them.
- T hey are a bit lacking in quality and they don’t last a very long time, but even if they do last longer than a year, the price is super cheap, so it still makes it a bargain.
9. GardenBliss Best Solar Lights
- Highly visible lights
- Easy to assemble
The key to making your lights shine brighter is to first enhance the power of the bulbs. For this purpose, the LEDs that make up the product from GardenBliss are highly efficient. Not only this, but this product is also equipped with super bright LED’s that can light up the path or patio but also show off the architectural details of a home. It is cost-efficient to operate as this path light set does not require batteries or wiring, thanks to the use of the highly efficient solar panel array.
What sets this pathway light set apart from the others on the market is the dual waterproof seal that helps enhance the weather resistance of the device. Despite the fact that the product is made from durable and long-lasting ABS plastic, it can be easily installed owing to the user-friendly design with snap-fit construction.
For added ease of installation, all you need to do is charge the lights using the USB port and an outlet. Then, simply mount this system at ground level along the pathway based on the layout of your choice.
10. GIGALUMI Solar Lights Outdoor Garden Led Light Landscape/Pathway Lights Stainless Steel-12 Pack…
- Ideal for both indoor and outdoor use
- Hassle-free Solar-powered system that takes the pain out of setting it up
- Waterproof and Durable
- Can be used to create more comfortable and safer outdoor living
- Not Expensive
The length of the solar powered garden light strip is 4m, which is enough to cover a pathway that is 10m long.
The battery life is very impressive, lasting up to 8 hours when fully charged.
This should give you enough time for most installation, and then you can charge again. When it’s dark they are going to be useful for at least a few hours. Charging time is very quick.
11. SURSUN Solar Lights Outdoor
- Bright, clean, white light
- 5-Year Limited Warranty
- Easy To Install
- Modest Pricing
- IP65 Waterproof Rating
- 24/7 Solar Power
- Long lasting
- Excellent Brightness
- High CRI(Color Rendering Index)
SURSUN offers the best solar powered outdoor pathway lights in the market. They have a high CRI(Color Rendering Index) meaning they work well with photos and videos.
They are highly reliable in varying weather conditions. The major challenge with solar lighting is that the performance is affected when the lights are exposed to intense heat of the sun. That said, Sursun lights are designed to withstand the harsh weather conditions. The lights are rain and damage resistant and with IP65 waterproof and dustproof ratings, they ensure long time durability.
Sursun solar lights have a long-lasting battery and a highly efficient solar panel. The one main consideration with these lights is that they are not water resistant. They are designed to withstand rainwater but they are not suitable for locations that have a considerable amount of water. Moreover, proper installation is crucial for them to perform well.
12. Solar Lights Outdoor
- Cute design, easy to use
- Good waterproofing, fade resistance
- Update, it's been a year and they're still going strong!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best solar lights to buy?
Here are a few factors to consider while buying the best solar lights in 2019:
Depending on your needs, you need to decide whether to go for a single light or multiple light set.
Best solar light for pathways- If you want a single light to use as a garden or pathway light, then make sure it has a motion sensor.
Best solar light for the garden- If you want to get the best solar lights for the garden, then you need a set of lights with a total of 50 or more LED lights.
Best solar light for the driveway- Buying a solar light for your driveway should be considered as an overall investment. You need one with bright and high-quality lights so it can last for a longer time.
What are the brightest solar lights on market?
Unfortunately, at this point, there isn't one solar light that is significantly brighter than all other competitors. However, their brightness is measured based on lumens, which is a measurement of all visible light put out by the source at one time. The brighter the light, the more lumens it will put out.
Currently, the most powerful solar light per lumen is only 40 lumens. The reason they aren't as powerful is because there is a trade-off with solar lights; more light means the lights will run down quicker.
After a number of hours of nighttime usage, the manufacturers recommend that the lights are charged for 8 hours to give off the next day's worth of light.
What is the most powerful solar light?
Are you looking for a solar light that produces the most power? If so, you might want to check out our Research Check section. If you get down to it, to find out which solar light is the most powerful, it all depends on how you plan to use the solar light. The most powerful solar lights are typically more complex and larger. The largest and most complex, like our top pick the Crenova Solar LED Security Floodlight, tend to be used for commercial purposes, like lighting up a large parking lot. The more complex light systems (with wires) typically offer more power than the simpler systems.
What are the best landscape solar lights?
Landscape lights or solar driveway lights are not only built to withstand the elements, but also to provide you with lights to help enhance your décor. Whether you are putting lights on your porch, by your driveway, or anywhere else, you want to find solar lights that will be as appealing as well performing.
You want durable lights that can withstand the elements, and also lights that will not require you to replace them often.
Every house or business owner needs to consider adding solar powered lights around their property and while there are a lot of solar lights available on the market, not all of them are good. To help you avoid wasting money on solar products that are overrated, here is our list of the best solar driveway lights of 2022. Read them carefully, these are based on our more than two years of experience in this industry.