Do you need some porch lights to help you get around your yard in the dark? For almost all of us, it’s not an option to run wires outside our homes. So, using solar lights to light our way is the only prudent option we have. Solar porch lights offer low cost, No cost, or free installation options.
These solar lights come with various designs, prices, and intensities. While many homeowners have found solar lights to be extremely beneficial, some people are still on the fence wondering if it’s worth the effort. In this guide, I’ll discuss their upsides and downsides, as well as some reviews of the top 10 solar lights you can buy.
|URPOWER Solar Lights Outdoor||Best Overall|
|Solar 28 LED Motion Sensor Lights Outdoor||Budget Pick|
|InnoGear Solar Lights Outdoor||Upgrade Pick|
1. URPOWER Solar Lights Outdoor
- A generous amount of light for a yellow color
- Can be charged via solar panel or Micro USB
- Lasts longer than normal solar lights
- Motion sensor is not adjustable
- Setting the lights in solid mode in broad daylight causes them to remain on through the night
The unfortunate reality of solar lights is that they don't last forever – but the URPOWER lights are one of the best solar powered lights out there.
The URPOWER Night Star lights are moderately-priced, waterproof, and come in four different colors. They are easy to install and they come with two additional modes of light (flashing/steady on) if you don't want them on the brightest setting all the time.
Despite being one of the best-reviewed solar lights in 2019, this product does have a few possible draw-backs. First of all, the lights are motion-sensitive, which is a great feature for alerting you to activity in your yard, but the sensitivity can be hindered by the brightness of the sun. If the sun is shining on the area in which you are planning to put the lights, they may not work.
2. URPOWER Solar Lights Outdoor
- They are weather resistant
- They are vandal resistant
- The light is a little dim.
3. LITOM Original Solar Lights Outdoor
- High quality materials, safe and secure.
- Colors available in white, yellow, green and blue; ideal for front porch, patio, backyard, deck, garden, yard, gate, fence, walkway, driveway, driveway, garage, tree, house and fence.
- No wiring, fixture or tool needed.
- It automatically turns on at night, and automatically turns off in 6 hours.
- Luminous, powerful, eco-friendly, long lifespan, no power needed.
- Energy efficiency: more than 100,000 hours of lamp life 3 x AA batteries are required when lights are not charged but still may last 30 days without them
- No dusk to dawn feature.
- Distance: slightly above 10 ft (maybe less, but it really depends on where and how you place the lights).
Fence and More.
Outdoor/ Patio solar light. Light up indoor and outdoor area during day and night. The ideal for decoration and safety.
Wide Angle Design – It can cover a 270-degree wide angle with a large range of solar lights to protect any dark areas you want to light up.
4. Solar Motion Sensor Light Outdoor Aluminum
- Durable aluminum construction
- Easy to install
- Water resistant
- Slow flashing mode
- Adjustable direction
- Weatherproof Casing
- Easy to replace batteries
- Two types of batteries: 18650 & AA
- 90 days money back guarantee
- Works only at night
- Does not light up the entire driveway
This item is an updated product from the previous version. It has a higher lumen count, and it is more durable.
It is also weatherproof with a durable aluminum casing that makes it perfect for the outdoors as it will survive the rain during any season. That is not the case for most other models which can rust easily.
It has received good customer feedback and is worth considering if you want to have better security and fewer trips out at night to switch on the lights. It is easy to install and works well even with minimal mounting space.
5. InnoGear Solar Lights Outdoor
- Made of high quality ABS plastic
- The lights are designed with stylish appearance
- Plastic covers on the solar panel are securely screwed on to protect solar panel from water when rainy
- Runs for 8 to 10 hours on steady mode, and up to 12 hours on flash mode under the sun
- Easy to mount, just need to stick them on the wall or any other place. It could be a good choice for outdoor decoration. You can set them along the walkways, garden, yard, patio, drive, etc. and amaze your guests or yourself at night
- Stable signal and reliable performance
- Free of battery, acid and lead, environmental friendly and can be recycled
- The design of the solar light, easy to install and use
- You can put them anywhere you want under sunlight
- Can be used as pathway light, street light, garden light, outdoor decorative light and so on.
This solar light has less brightness, it only works in the dark, it’s not bright enough. You should look for a brighter one, or put it in a place where there is enough sunlight and it’s a sunny day.
6. InnoGear Solar Gutter Lights Wall Sconces
- The lights are waterproof and can be used in just about any type of weather
- The light is very bright
- The mounting hardware attaches the lights to gutter easily with the attached screws
- The lights are motion activated and do not stay on constantly
- The lights only stay on for 20 seconds after detecting movement
- The lights stay on for a while after the sun goes down, and the brightness is able to get the job done in some cases
- You can separate the lights and use them as two separate lights if you like
- The lights will not go on when it is not dark out, so you do not have to worry about them being a nuisance inside during the day for example
- The lights are not waterproof, and thus, cannot be submerged in water
- The lights need to be on the outside of the gutter to work
- The lights do not have a manual on/off switch, nor is there a way to turn the lights off before you put them up
The InnoGear Solar Lights are perfect for use on a porch, garage, or in your gutter. They are motion activated and water proof. The lights are mounted to the gutter and pole quickly and easily.
7. CREATIVE DESIGN 46 LED Solar Lights Outdoor
- Basic, but affordable
- Easy to install
- Bright enough for a dark porch
- Battery level display
- Not weatherproof
- Not bright enough to light your entire deck
Gutter lights have become all the rage for their utility and their aesthetic appeal. This set of two has a smart looking design and provides enough light to make your porch feel safe.
The lights also have a nice color to them that is warm and inviting. Even though the lights are made of plastic, they don’t feel cheap and flimsy.
Solar powered lights are a great idea for safety and energy efficiency. No electrical outlets or wiring means no dangerous wiring to trip over in the dark.
8. BAXIA TECHNOLOGY BX-SL-101 Solar Lights Outdoor 28 LED Wireless Waterproof Security Solar Motion Sensor Lights,
- You can use this product to accentuate your garden and lawn
- This product is very much at par with the traditional lightings as it is made using two high-power light-emitting diodes (LEDs)
- It is able to operate for 12 hours
- It has a standby time of up to 100,000 hours.
- The light that it emits at night is not very bright
- It takes quite some time to charge
The main role for this product is the night time decoration of the home. It can also be used to light up the garden of the home. The good thing is that you will not incur any additional costs when operating this product as you will only have to spend monies in the capacity of replacing the batteries.
The charging time is not very good as it takes quite some time to charge. There are many solar-powered lights that are better that can go for up to 12 hours at night and yet can illuminate the yards and gardens of homes. Because of this, it sometimes becomes hard to use them as a decoration in the night for you want the lighting to be brighter.
9. Solar Lights Outdoor
- Brightness as high as 500 lumens
- Widely used – can be ideal for home or commercial use, for land or water applications.
- Easy installation – you can do it all on your own at home
- The size of the solar panel is small and the battery has a short lifetime
- It is not easy to track the exact degree of illumination outside
Walkway, Landscape, Entrance Door, Driveway, Wall, Yard, Walkway, Steps, Lawn, Fence, Stairs, Deck, Backyard, Bulb, Wall, Bridge, Yard, Gate, and so on.
With a 0.5W solar panel, it is the most economical solar powered lights in the market. The remote could be set to control 6 LED lights at the same time. It is used to illuminate walkway, driveway, dock, deck, garden, anywhere around your house. It is efficient and durable.
The motion sensor works up to 80° angle, which will automatically turn on when someone comes and goes away with time delay settings.
10. InnoGear Solar Lights Outdoor
- No wiring required
- Portable, easy to install
- Save money and energy
- Does not work in heavy snow
- Two of the five lights didn’t receive enough sun to charge during the day
InnoGear Solar Lights Outdoor with Wide Lighting Area Wireless Motion Sensor Security Night Light Wall Sconce Lamp Waterproof for Front Door Back Yard Driveway Garage Patio and Garden Decoration are affordable efficient way to light up your home and garden as they provide wide-angle bright white light. This handy product has sparked a huge trend in the market as it allows you to illuminate your garden, driveway, paths and garden. By placing it anywhere in your home, you can create a warm and inviting environment at your front door for your guests.
11. Teclan Solar Lights
- Great customer support service
- Easy to remove the solar panel
- Does not require tools to install
- Not suitable for outdoor locations with heavy snowfall
- Bright cycles are only 15 mins
- Not suitable for rainy days
Solar powered products are very popular these days, especially for use in recreational, residential or commercial settings. Some people love the idea of not having to depend on the electric company and enjoy the cost savings that comes with it.
However, not all solar products are quality and some may even disappoint you. Choosing the best solar lights can be a bit tricky as you have to balance price, performance and design. We have taken all these factors into consideration and picked 10 best solar powered lights on this list for you.
12. LITOM Solar Lights Outdoor
- Sleek design
- Suspension system absorbs impact
- Easy to install
- Bright LED lights
It is a capable light that you can install easily. It is an energy-efficient way to enhance your home’s security. The product has a modern design that adds elegance to the home. It is easy to install since it comes with a suspension system that absorbs impact and protects the light. It has multiple light modes that assist you in regulating the brightness depending on the lightmode.
The 54 LED lights are brighter than other conventional lights. They add up 350 lumens. There are an auto night sensor of 270 degrees and a motion sensor of 5-15 meters. The motion sensor’s radius is as large as it gets. You can position the lights anywhere you want depending on your preferences. The light is waterproof; therefore, you can install it anywhere that’s exposed to rain. It comes with a high-quality wifi controller that helps you adjust the settings from a distance. You can also adjust its brightness depending on the chosen mode. It runs for up to 10 hours and can be the best solar street lights under 100.
13. Solar 28 LED Motion Sensor Lights Outdoor
- Seems to provide good value for the price
- The advanced tech used in this product will save you lots of money on electricity bills
- It is easy to install
- It is many times safer to use this solar-powered light as opposed to wiring the fixture into the house
- It easily switches on and off without any problems
This Solar 28 LED Motion Sensor Lights Outdoor, ZOOKKI Wireless Waterproof Solar Powered Motion Sensor Security Wall Lights for Outside Garden Gate Driveway Stairs Patio Yard Deck Pathway Garage 2 Pack is brand new in the market, and it comes with a battery-saving feature, which is another plus.
The best feature about this fixture is that it is waterproof and acts as a warning light for your home or yard.
The sensor is kept low and is so small that it is less likely to be noticed by passersby. Thus, you can be assured that nobody will be able to Switch off the lights. You can even switch the lights on and off manually after the motion sensor has worked.
14. Solar Lights
This product is ideal for lighting up entrances, windows, porches, steps, driveways, mailboxes, sheds, or any other spot that you wish to have well-lit at night.
It has 90 LED bulbs that are brightly waterproofed. This has a motion sensor that can detect movement within a distance of about 10 feet to 90 feet (3M to 27 M) away from the product.
It has a steady light that can function for about 8 hours. This light is also has a flashing setting for security purposes. The light can also be turned on manually if needed.
15. LITOM Solar Lights Outdoor
Suitable for outdoor use, it is IP67 waterproof and dustproof. The lamp head can be rotated 270°horizontally to send out the light which is adjustable.
It can work stably in 6-8 hours when fully charged in the daytime with the USB directly. The lights will keep on working even you put it on the dashboard of your car.
The light will automatically turn off when there isn't any movement within 120 minutes and it will be bright again if it senses the motion within 120 minutes. The lighting mode adopts the automatic mode, so it adapts itself to the different environments.
16. URPOWER Solar Lights
- The outside of the cabinet is constructed with a rust-free aluminum housing with a high-quality ABS resin that makes it good for outdoor applications
- It is easy to mount on the wall or fence
- It is dimmable with an included dimmer so you save energy costs by adjusting the brightness
- It is a waterproof device as it can be submersible
- It is a versatile unit as it has 20 working modes
- The lights have a motion sensor that detects movement up to 25 feet
- It has a wide 120° angle detection range
- It has a nighttime vision range of 30 feet
- The product has dimmable lights with a 3-step adjustable brightness
- The package includes 2 pieces of molded solar light
Landscape (2 Packs).
17. ANKO Solar Powered Motion Sensor Light
The ANKO is a high-quality solar light that can easily replace your outdoor spotlights. In addition, it’s weather resistant and comes with a motion sensor that’s adjustable according to the direction you wish to shield. Also, the white light provided by this device is bright enough to light up anyone’s backyard.
Before you purchase, be sure to check your local building code to see if having such a device within 20 feet of your driveway is permitted in your area. It’s also prudent to place the device in an area sheltered from the rain and snow. I’ve mounted mine on my front porch, 6 feet away from the front door.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best rated outdoor solar lights?
If you're looking for one of the best solar path lights, then check out the first one on our list, the Lucid Solar by Lucid Bright. This product is a top seller on Amazon with nearly 3,000 reviews to date, with the vast majority of reviewers giving it a 4 or 5 star rating.
Other products on Amazon that we recommend are the Bell & Howell Solar Square LED Solar Light, the Lights4fun 7 Color Solar Lights, and the Solar Landscape Garden Lights.
If you're a golfer and want to torch any balls that might be flying into your yard, then check out this useful tool by SE Solar Outdoor.
What are the best solar lights on the market?
Recent advancements in chemical battery technology have increased the capacity of solar lights. While many products offer 8 to 10 hours of light time, you can now find lights that will run for up to 14 hours. There are also solar light products that donÊ¼t include any batteries.
Another option is to find a solar light set that connects to a power bank, giving you extra storage to run the light late into the night during a camping trip. All of these options are available in the solar porch light market.
What is the most powerful solar light?
The most powerful solar light is the Solaray SOLREMON 1000. Unlike the majority of solar lights which are only protected by a yellow case to indicate power, this one is clearly marked with the solar cells displayed on the front, showing that it can last longer than other types of lights.
The 1000 Lumen solar light has two functions. It can be used as a flashlight and a motion sensor light. The light can shine for up to 6 hours continuously when fully charged in the day and can detect anything within 20 feet of the light.
The light charges during the day so that it is ready to illuminate your path if you're taking a walk at night. The light has a battery life which can last for three to five years. The light detects motion from 20 feet away and has a sensor range of about 180 degrees.
What are the best solar powered decking lights?
Whether you want to add ambiance to your outdoor entertaining area, or just want to light up a walkway or pathway, solar deck lighting is an excellent way to do so.
These lights are also well-suited to lighting up a deck that isn't in much use.
Sometimes, you just want a nice way to illuminate a deck that doesn't get much use.
So, whether you're looking for well-lit work boots in the garage or pretty lighting to see to the fruits and veggies in your garden, solar powered porch lights can be a great solution.
Regardless of how you're going to use your deck lights, it's important to consider how bright they are.
For a walkway, a strong light that illuminates the path is all you need, but for a deck that is used regularly, you want enough lighting to last until sunset.
If you’re looking for efficient lights that use sustainable energy to illuminate your porch, there are two categories you can choose from: LED and solar. We’ve reviewed some of the best solar porch lights in this article, as well as explained the advantages of each type, so that you can make an informed purchasing decision.
|URPOWER Solar Lights Outdoor||Best Overall|
|Solar 28 LED Motion Sensor Lights Outdoor||Budget Pick|
|InnoGear Solar Lights Outdoor||Upgrade Pick|