However, there’s a lot of confusion on what the best solar rope lights are. You can easily find hundreds of products on Amazon, each one claiming they are the best. However, there’s a lot of bad rope lighting technology out there.
So, what exactly makes a rope light the best solar rope light?
After years of researching and testing them, I found the perfect kit for you to get started with below. It’s cheap, super flexible and most importantly, it comes with an instructional video that is crystal clear and will walk you through the entire process.
1. Oak Leaf Outdoor Solar String Lights
- Perfect for the outdoors
- Waterproof, UV resistant solar panel
- Few problems with light breakage
- Quick shipping
- Decent customer service
This is one of my number-one suggestions for one of the best solar rope lights of 2020. I spent about two weeks looking at various solar rope lights, and this one consistently came out on top, not only for its beautiful design but also for the ease of installation and the wonderful customer service provided by the sellers.
They’ve taken customer service seriously, and their support is efficient and quick. The seller has replace many units after people have reported them broken, and customers have been satisfied with this service much to their credit.
2. SEMILITS Solar Outdoor String Lights 100LED 33Ft Copper Fairy String Lights Waterproof LED Rope Lights
- Multi-function solar light:
- Can be applied to garden, decorating household, lawn, terrace, deck, patio, driveway, pathway, street and so on.
- Solar powered:
- Convenient, easy and environmental, no need to connect to grid, powered by the solar itself.
- Waterproof, is not afraid of rain, water splash or snow.
- Easy installation:
- Installs in minutes, easy to operate, requires less physical effort.
- Great for many occasions:
- Lovely colored lights for garden, lawn, house, porch, balcony, yard, pool, landscape, yard, street, pathway, driveway, lawn and decorative lighting.
Decorations, 33ft 50 Lights.
3. Aluvee Solar Rope String Light,Garden Decoration Outdoor Waterproof Rope String Christmas Lamp Wedding Party Tree Xmas Decoration Tree Xmas
- Renewable energy
- Easy to use
- Length is adjustable
- Comes with a remote control
4. IMAGE 8 Modes Solar Rope Lights Outdoor String Lights 78.7Foot 20M Waterproof 200LED
- It's IP65 waterproof.
When fully charged, the lights automatically turn on at dusk and off at dawn.
5. LiyuanQ Solar String Lights Outdoor Rope Lights
- Color is as advertised
- Good quality and cheap
- Came with batteries
- There is an on/off switch built in
- Some have issues with the solar light
- You have to stake in the ground; not ideal for areas that have a lot of wind
- The cords are not attached; you have to solder them yourself
6. Solar Rope String Lights Waterproof 33ft 100 LED Copper Wire Outdoor Fairy String Light Solar Powered Christmas Decoration light Ambiance Lighting
- It’s incredibly easy to install
- It’s budget-friendly
- The copper string lights are perfect for patio lighting
- It’s great for anyone who’s looking for something to add some pop to an entrance or garage
- It’s waterproof
- If you use it for anything but decorating you might feel a little wobbly when you’re walking by it
- It’s not bright enough to use for reading
I highly suggest you purchase it, as it’s a perfect size for holidays or to accent your home all year round.
7. Asmader Solar String Lights
- Decent remote control as few buttons as possible to make selecting modes easier and saves on battery power
- Battery and solar panel are encased in clear case (except the silver part which is screwed on to the threaded part of the solar panel)
- Comes with two hooks to hang easily on walls or trees.
- 8 Lighting modes: Flash/Slave/Fade/Strobe/Flash/Flash (set the time interval)/Strobe/Off
- The battery compartment and solar panel are not exposed to water
- The motion sensor has a good angle of detection, it will not detect objects behind the rope lights and thus will only turn on when something is moving forward
- Comes with a spare bulb and a small screwdriver to replace bulb
- Manually turns on and off from on/off button.
- The manual says to place it where there are no overhanging trees or branches to ensure sunlight reaches the solar panel but a few leaves or pine needles will not prevent it from charging, so it should be fine
- Light is a bit too white for my tastes
The Asmader Solar String Lights has 200 LEDs and can be set on 8 lighting modes. It uses solar energy and a battery to power the lights that are arranged to emit a cool white light. The lights are waterproof and will work in the rain.
8. LTE Solar Rope Lights LED String Lights Waterproof Solar Powered Light
- Highly Versatile
- Water Resistant
- 4 Lighting Modes
- Reasonable Price
LTE’s 33ft 100 LEDs solar string lights are a convenient, reliable, and beautiful product that you will LOVE. These light are going to make your outdoor patio area, garden, or home even more beautiful.
These wireless, solar powered string lights are so easy to use. Simply install them anywhere you want as long as they are in direct sunlight. They will automatically turn on and off at dusk and dawn. They do not use any kind of wiring so installation is a breeze. They come with 3M self adhesive tape, ground stake stakes, and a reset button. The charging time for these lights takes about 8 hours so it would be best to leave them overnight to make sure they are fully charged.
The LTE solar rope lights are very durable. They have a silver weatherproof coating to make sure they stay working in all different kinds of weather. The 33ft 100 LEDs solar string lights are highly versatile. You can put them up outside but they are also great indoors too.
9. BINZET LED Solar String Lights Outdoor
- Bright lights
- Easy to install with waterproof solar panel and plastic hook
- 8 Modes (Flash, Strobe, Fade, Smooth Glow, Dynamic Strobe, Shallow Strobe, Twinkle/Flash, Steady On)
- Available in white or multi colored LED
Rope lights are awesome decorations for any occasion. You can use them for a party, on the day on the beach, or even in your own home. String lights are my favorite lights, and they come in a variety of colors and sizes.
These solar rope lights are great for outdoor lighting. They are waterproof and can withstand the harsh outdoor environment. The string light is 33 feet long (about 10-12 feet per strand), and it has 100 LED bulbs. You can put them in flower pots, outdoor furniture, decks, gazebos, walkways, and anything else that you need to illuminate.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best solar string lights?
Solar powered rope lights (also called fairy lights) are perfect for lighting up pathways, stairs, and backyard decks. For many homeowners, the first step in creating a backyard paradise is to make it safe at night. Making sure that pathways are illuminated is a must, particularly for the elderly or the visually impaired. Pathways that are properly lit can also protect kids from tripping and falling down stairs or off decks.
To create a beautifully lit area without making it bright enough to keep your neighbors up at night, it is ideal to install a string of solar-powered fairy lights. There’s nothing more pleasant than relaxing outside at night, enjoying the ambiance and the beauty, with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine and fairy lights are an absolute essential for creating that mood. (For a full list of the best solar panel kits on the market as well as multi-packs of fairy lights, take a look here.)
What is the most powerful solar light?
The brightest solar light we've found is the BLACKDECKER BRB535. It's 300 lumens and uses only 1.3 watts of power. That's incredible for a solar light! We've tested a few others that are similarly bright. The BRB535 is our favorite because it's the most affordable. Plus, it uses only 1.3 watts of power, which means it won't drain your batteries all that much, which is important for those who intend to use them for outdoor security lighting.
If 300 lumens is too bright for your needs, we've found another solution that you should consider. Our favorite solar path lights are the Remington Hall Company Solar Lights. These lights have a lower lumen output in exchange for extra brightness in their red/blue/green settings.
We hope this helps you make the best choice for your needs!
What is a solar rope light?
Lighting specialists agree that solar lights with ropes and strands have a tendency to be more popular than string lights and monofilament. Their resistance to damage from wind or rainfall is also a sought-after trait for their outdoor use.
The solar rope light is bright and easy to use with its simple system of joining units together. While other rope lights require electricians, it's completely self-contained, and you don't need wiring knowledge to install it.
The solar rope light is built to last.
Can you cut solar rope lights?
Yes, you can cut these lights as you wish. There is no need to keep the rope lights long or short; it is up to you. The solar rope lights are quite flexible so they can be easily manipulated to fit your best needs.
The benefits of solar powered energy used for lighting and decoration are many, which is why you should consider it. Not only will it be cheaper for you, solar lights can create a very cool nighttime vibe, as you can see on the pictures above and below. A good choice of color can bring an envious view to your yard at night. These benefits are just the tip of the iceberg. So be sure to read what we have to say about the best models which can be found in our buying guide to the best solar rope lights of 2022.