Solar shed lights are a great way to provide extra lighting inside your shed and, best of all, you won’t have to deal with any cords or electricity.
All in all, a solar shed light is a great buy if you want to save on electricity and want control over where the lighting is placed.
1. Solar LED Barn Light
- Very bright
- Requires little or no effort to install
- Battery lasts a long time
- Will even light up your front or back yard
- Reasonably priced
- Remote control makes it easy to turn on
- Some people complained about the battery
- Some said the light is no good
- May need to be fixed occasionally
The SPCOLOR outdoor solar LED shed light is the best solar shed light you can get right now.
Reviewers love the amount of light this shed light emits. It washes over a broad area and at a very bright intensity. Even in the daytime, it shines brightly. The light is flood-style, meaning it lights a large area, not just one particular spot. Reviewers said that they can see their garage from the street when this light is on.
2. Solar Lights,Kyson Solar Powered Led Shed Light
The Kyson Solar Powered Led Shed Light is our top pick for solar powered shed light. Its G4-class LEDs put out plenty of light for most sized sheds and it comes in two light settings. Also included is a remote control that is easy to use, and a pull-cord with a convenient on/off switch.
The shed light features a large solar panel that provides 8 watts of power. It also includes a super bright red LED night light that turns on automatically at night. This is a nice additional feature that many other similar products do not include.
As with other solar powered shed lights, there is a delay as the light leaves the shed, so you should turn it off remotely if you need to. I found that it took about a minute after flipping the switch for the light to completely leave the shed.
3. Viewpick 2 Pack Solar Powered LED Bulb Light Solar LED Lantern Tent Light Bulb Solar USB Rechargeable Lamp 3 Modes Outdoor Emergency Light Portable Camping Light
- All-in-one outdoor illumination system
- Versatile brightness modes: bright, normal & low
- Excellent solar charging performance
- LED bulbs are extremely long-lasting
- A bit clumsy to hold
- Require periodic sunny exposure for charging
- Batteries are not included
This solar-powered lantern is the best for shed spaces and other outdoor venues because it will do a fine job of illuminating a large space, like a boat, a shed or a covered back patio. This lantern is solidly built, is charged with the sun and never needs batteries, so it can stay outdoors year-round. It’s a little awkward to hold and doesn’t stand on its own, but it offers three choices of light from its white LED, including bright, medium and a softer glow, which you can turn on or off at any time by tapping the power button. An added bonus is that the bottom of the lantern can sit on a metal surface, like a table or a countertop, though it doesn’t sit indoor shelves, perhaps because of its weight.
4. Solar Lights Outdoor
- The price, in many cases, for items like these, is not very high
- They are easy to install and last a long time, once set up
- These will need to stay outside, which makes them susceptible to falling victim to weather conditions.
- If the lights are not kept clean, it can hamper the performance of the product.
The Solar Lights Outdoor used in the photo are a great pick for their versatility and overall appeal. They can be used to illuminate steps in front of the house on a path from the driveway to the front door. These lights will work on many surfaces so that when you look outside at night you will see the light beams.
There are so many choices for items that are alike, but these stand out for being affordable and having numerous features.
5. Indoor Solar Barn Lights,Kyson Solar Powered Led Shed Light
- Decorative design
- No wiring required
- Features pull-cord at the front
- Rechargeable using solar energy
- 7 different light modes
- Easy on/off switch
- Copper material is weather proof
- Long life span
- Fails to work if it’s unevenly placed
- Short length cord
- Not suitable for sensitive areas like garden sheds
The best loudness meter will give you a linear relationship between your recording level and the corresponding decibel level, which is one of the more useful features of a meter if you do not have a DAW with a built-in meter. Normally, when you turn up your monitor speakers or plug-in headphones, you get not only an increase in intensity but also an increase in frequency response that is important for accuracy of response. This needs to be taken into consideration when trying to measure overall loudness levels as you are not actually referencing the loudness of the sound but because of that frequency response, you are actually referencing the average loudness level of that frequency response. For that reason, the meter has to be able to compensate for that by referencing a wider range of frequencies so that you can take out that frequency response effect and get a more accurate picture of what the actual sound level is.
6. Rize Solar Industrial Light
- One of the most energy efficient light bulbs you can buy
- Great for long-term use
- Solidly built
- Can be installed anywhere
- Available in a variety of colors
- The handle is on top/back of the light, making it susceptible to thieves
- Requires regular maintenance
- Not fully waterproof
7. Designers Edge L-949 Rechargeable Solar Shed Lights
- Sleek design that is suitable for indoor or outdoor
- Durable aluminum housing
- Windproof and weather resistant
- Easy installation
- Can be used for security as well
- Great customer service
These lights are one of the best solar powered lights. They are sleek, elegant, durable, and color variations to match your mood. They are constructed of aluminum to avoid rusting. They are equipped with 10 LED bulbs, they are easy to install and mount in less than 30 seconds. You simply attach the line that is 30 feet long to a hook on the apex of the roof of your shed, and then that line is attached to a sturdy base. From the base they are also equipped with a hook which you can use for hanging.
These lights can be oriented in any direction so you can cover the whole shed. These lights are also great for security purposes, they are also great for family members to ve able to find their shed while walking home from work. The LEDs have three different luminosity settings. There is a low mode that lasts 24 hours. You can also set the lights on a high mode that will last 8 hours and a medium mode that will last 12 hours.
8. Lixada Solar Pendant Light
- Good light for the money
- Keeps batteries charged when the sun shines
- Comes with a controller that works from a distance
- The lamp comes with a dimmer, which is nice
- Convenient installation
- Good for small sheds and gazebos
- You can place it where the sun shines the most
- The lamp is easy to install
- Doesn’t take up too much space
- The cord is short, and thus, you can’t put the lamp in a place that’s too far from the controller
- The instructions aren’t entirely clear
- It’s slower than advertised. The 4 LEDs only light up after the sun goes down, and they produce a soft light.
9. DiDi DENG Solar Pendant Lights Outdoor Hanging Shed Lamp Remote Brightness Adjustable Barn LED
This super cool product is a chain of lights that can run on solar power, adding a unique, modern feel to your house. It’s suitable for sitting pretty in your backyard, hanging from the trees or in your shed. The quality and design is great, and its bright LED lights will illuminate any patio, porch or pathway!
You can customize the brightness and let it adjust automatically based on time of the day, or simply turn it on when you need a little bit of help seeing your way or add a soft ambience to your yard or patio.
Its handy remote control lets you adjust the lighting color, dim or turn it on or off without having to get up and do so! The lights are super easy to install and connect and can also be used indoors due to its safety.
10. Kyson Outdoor Solar Powered Shed Light Pendant Lamp Vintage Hanging Edison Bulb Barn Light
- Weather Resistant
- High Quality
- Looks Great
- No integrated storage
- Very large
If you’re looking for the perfect solar powered shed light, then you really need to take a close look at the Solar Powered Shed Light Pendant Lamp. These lights are designed to fit in with any outdoor decor. They are typically placed near the entrance of your garden on a fence or even on the wall of your shed.
The light is suspended from a chain above your property, which gives it a very attractive look. To top it off, the light gives off a trendy vintage look through the Edison bulb inside the glass cover.
The kit includes five light bulbs and two mounting fixtures. When the batteries in the fixtures run out, simply plug them in and let them fully charge. Once done, take them back outside and hang up the fixtures and bulbs again. It couldn’t be any easier.
11. Sunforce 82123 120-LED Triple Head Solar Motion Light
- Three light heads for maximum visibility
- Four rechargeable batteries included…so you’re ready to go.
- Light sensor allows you to set the light for dusk, dawn, or constant on
- Perfect for shed, garden, and security system.
- Great tool for helping protect your home
- Two light color choices: white or infrared
- Sometimes the motion detector is inaccurate
Reviews on this solar powered light say that it lasts 6 or more hours each night. The light is bright enough to make you feel safe but not so bright as to cause distractions. It charges up during the day, and then comes on automatically at night.
The light is equivalent to a 100 watt incandescent bulb. So it’s very bright. Illuminate your yard at night. Keep your sidewalk well lit on your way home from work. See clearly in your garage while working on a project. It’s easy to install … just hang it on your garage or shed.
Solar lights are an excellent way to add beautiful light to your home and yard, but they can’t replace the safety advantages of a professional security system. When coupled with a security system, these lights can help you feel safer and more secure.
12. LightMe Solar Light Bulb Portable 140LM Solar Powered Led Bulb Lights Outdoor Solar Energy Lamp Lighting
- Plenty of Safety Features
The LightMe solar light bulb is my top pick as it packs plenty of safety features in a budget-friendly product.
Despite these impressive safety features, the LightMe solar light bulb doesn’t put on much extra weight. Thanks to its pull-out handle, you can carry this solar panel with you anywhere.
In addition, the LightMe solar light bulb package also includes two screws, and a QR code for its user manual. It’s important to note that this light doesn’t come with any batteries, but you can easily find AA batteries at your local drugstore.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best lighting for a shed?
If you have decided to buy a solar shed light, consider how you will be using it. Do you plan to store valuables in the shed? Or will you be using it for recreational purposes?
A solar shed light can shed light on a few different topics. First, solar shed lights are more cost-effective when they require no wiring. They work off of AA batteries or a built-in rechargeable battery. These lights are great for under-cabinet lighting and outdoor shed lighting. They also provide no dirty or high maintenance electrical hook up.
Buyers should also keep in mind the placement of the solar panel before purchasing. If you are placing the shed light on a raised roof surface, you may have to first purchase a different solar light or look for one with a long cord.
What are the best rated outdoor solar lights?
When gauging the best rated outdoor solar lights, you'll want to focus on quality, value, eco-friendliness, and cost-efficiency.
For example, you can find cheap solar light plant stakes online; but once you think about the fact that you'll have to replace the lights in a year or two, you start to feel better about buying something a little more expensive.
Some companies offer lights that are highly rated on Amazon but don't actually include a rechargeable battery – meaning you'll have to buy separate batteries.
Some systems that are not "best-in-class" don't have the most modern LED light-emitting diodes, meaning they won't last as long as others.
Some companies will charge you an arm and a leg for shipping costs which can wipe out the cost savings you had by going with a "bargain" option.
What are the best solar lights on the market?
Don't let the simple façade of these solar garden lights fool you. These are surprisingly high-powered lights that will light up your home or garage despite the weather.
These four top solar lights are designed for specific needs such as utility lights, pathway lighting, or lighting your home's exterior. Each comes with beneficial features such as a motion sensor, weather resistant, or an included rechargeable battery pack.
So protect your home from the blackouts and power outages, and enjoy your outdoor space after sunset, day or night. These solar shed lights can do it all, and all you need is sunshine!
How can I light my shed without electricity?
Solar shed lights are a really cool invention. The reason why you'd want to light a shed in the first place is because shed lights tend to offer better illumination and greater visibility than security lights. From a security standpoint, shed lights can be just as effective as security lights.
But, the main question is, how do shed lights work? The answer to that is pretty simple, although the technology behind them is a bit more complex.
Solar shed lights require three things to operate; a solar panel, a battery, and an LED bulb. Although the way in which they work varies slightly from model to model, the bottom line is that storing solar energy means you can rely almost exclusively on solar power to light a shed in the dark. Here's a quick run-down of each one:
Solar panels gather light and convert it into energy. It's similar to how a solar calculator gathers light during the day and stores it to power itself at night.
If you’re not familiar with shed lighting, or DIY garden lighting in general, you may be wondering which solar shed lights are the best and which ones to avoid. Luckily, we’ve done the legwork for you and created a helpful review so you can invest your money wisely. Read on to choose the right shed lights for your shed.